We often get HTTP 404 error message while browsing internet. It occurs due to many reasons.
If you are also facing this problem and want an appropriate solution then get in touch with our technical support team. Our technical experts will help you in solving your issues.
Just call us at (855) 899-6051.
Our Tech Support team is available 24*7 to solve your queries.
Or if you want to resolve this issue on your own then read this article and follow the steps to solve your problem.
First, understand the cause of HTTP 404 errors and then the methods to resolve this issue in detail.
HTTP 404 error is a client-side error and it’s a HTTP standard response code that indicate that the page requested couldn’t be found on the server.
HTTP 404 error can be seen in any number of ways because each website is allowed to customize it.
Table of Contents
Some common 404 error displays:
- “404: Not Found”
- “HTTP 404 – File Not Found”
- “Error 404 Not Found”
- “HTTP Error 404”
- “Not Found”
- “HTTP Error 404.0 – Not Found”
- “404 Error: File Not Found”
- “404: Page Not Found”
- Server Error in ‘/’ Application
- “The webpage cannot be found”
Cause of HTTP 404 Error Message:
- When URL entered is wrong.
- Requested page is moved or deleted.
- Requested filename changed.
- Requested page temporarily unavailable due to maintenance or upgrade.
How to Fix HTTP 404 Error:
1. Refresh the webpage by pressing F5 Sometime a simple refresh resolve the issue.
2. Check for error in URL. Because of a wrong typed URL, 404 error often appear.
3. Move up a directory at a time in URL until you find something.
For example, if you have typed a URL www.xyz.com/u/v/w and it has given 404 error, then move up to www.xyz.com/u/v. If you still didn’t get anything then move up a level more to www.xyz.com/u. This way you can get your requested page.
4. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
5. Change the DNS server if an entire website is giving 404 error.
6. If all the above methods fail to connect you to your requested webpage then directly contact the website.
Error similar to HTTP 404 error:
- 400 Bad Request
- 401 Unauthorized
- 403 Forbidden
- 408 Request Timeout etc.
These error messages are related to HTTP 404 because they all are client-side errors.
Try the given steps to resolve HTTP 404 error in future.
If still your issue is not resolved kindly give us a call at (855) 899-6051.
Our technical team will sort out your problem.