Stuck with Outlook error 0x800ccc0e code, or Having difficulties in sending and receiving emails in Outlook? Then, keep reading this technical blog, as here we have discussed solutions on How to Fix MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e.
MS Outlook is popular among professionals as it is the most sought-after email clients across the globe. It is used by the countless number of users because of its performance and features. But sometimes, it also displays errors like other email clients. One of the frequent errors is IMAP error 0x800ccc0e.
Outlook error 0x800ccc0e – An Overview
0x800CCC0e error in Outlook appears when there is an issue with MS Outlook, Windows Mail, or Outlook Express. In general, this Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e arises when there is no internet connection or some issues between the SMTP servers. It may also occur if the user is sending an email during the configuration of the account or there is a change in the port number.
This Outlook send/receive error is displayed on the screen as:
“Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on your_account.com.’ reported error (0x800CCC0E): ‘Microsoft is not able to download the folder (null) for account email@example.com from the IMAP mail server. Error: Unable to connect to the Server. If you continue receiving the same error message, contact the server administrator or ISP (Internet Service Provider)”
In this post, we will guide you through a few troubleshooting ways on How to Fix MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
- 1 Main Causes MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
- 2 Solutions on How to Fix MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
- 2.1 Check Internet Connection
- 2.2 Remove/Delete Duplicate Outlook Accounts
- 2.3 Check Firewall and Antivirus Settings
- 2.4 Maintain Email Account Settings Properly
- 2.5 Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e by Authenticating SMTP Server
- 2.6 Change SMTP Port Number to Fix Error 0x800ccc0e
- 2.7 Clear all the Messages Stuck in Outbox
- 2.8 Re-Install Outlook
- 3 Bottom Lines
Main Causes MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
Having the Outlook error code 0x800ccc0e?
If yes, then these following causes may break your chain with the Outlook account and creating sending and receiving email error 0x800ccc0e Outlook 2010. Check a few of them:
- Internet connectivity and network issue
- Antivirus software or firewall settings creates a hindrance to access the Outlook account
- The conflict between SMTP servers causing accessing SMTP authentication issue
- Using corrupted or damaged PST files.
- Inappropriate email setting
- Incorrect Port number
- Antivirus or firewall issue
- Faulty Add-ins in Outlook
Let’s move towards the main topic of this blog to know about solutions to Fix MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e.
Solutions on How to Fix MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e
You can adopt several methods in order to fix the 0x800ccc0e Outlook 2013 error code 0x800ccc0e. Here are some of the effective manual methods. Just go through them.
Check Internet Connection
Make sure that you are connected to an internet network. Proper internet connectivity is needed for sending or receiving emails in Outlook.
Hence, we advise you to first check the Internet connection and we ensure that there is a complete functioning association between the computer framework and the Exchange Server.
Remove/Delete Duplicate Outlook Accounts
There is a major possibility that you are using a duplicate account which in return causing Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e Gmail. As, sometimes, this error can be occurred due to duplicate accounts.
Remove the duplicate account is your first priority to fix this issue. It must be removed using the following steps:
- At first, launch Outlook from the official website and use your login details to complete sign-in.
- Start MS Outlook and go to the Tools in the menu bar.
- Select the Account Settings and a new window prompt will appear.
- Now, go to Email and check the duplicate accounts.
- Click the Remove button to delete the duplicate Outlook account, if any.
Check Firewall and Antivirus Settings
Maybe your firewall is blocking Outlook.exe from running due to certain circumstances. Sometimes, the antivirus applications and Windows firewall hinder the normal functioning of Outlook.
So, disable them and retry sending/receiving the emails. Try disabling it to run and again enable after completing your task because it can cause security issues in your system. It may happen that your 0e800CCC0E error will be fixed in outlook 2010 or in a higher version like 2013 and 2016.
Try out other methods if Outlook IMAP error 0x800ccc0e still appears.
Maintain Email Account Settings Properly
Just go to email account settings in your Outlook account. Check for various settings and ensure that they are correct. Also, check the Port Numbers whether they have been entered correctly.
Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e by Authenticating SMTP Server
The outlook may encounter error 0x800ccc0e if it is unable to authenticate your outgoing server (SMTP). Perform the steps mentioned below and fix outlook error code 0x800ccc0e.
- Open Outlook and click on Tools
- Hit on Account Setting from the opened list.
- First, click on the E-Mail Tab and then hit on your Email Account.
- Now click on the More Setting tab from the opened Change E-mail Account pop-up window.
- From the Internet Email Setting, pop-up hit on the Outgoing Server tab and check on the My outgoing (SMTP) requires authentication
- At the end click on Ok to finish the process.
Change SMTP Port Number to Fix Error 0x800ccc0e
This Outlook Windows Live Mail Error Id: 0x800ccc0e Code may occur due to the mismatch of the outgoing server SMTP port. In this solution, the user has to check the outgoing server port number and make it either 25 or 587. Now, to change the SMTP port number & resolve the error follow these useful steps:
- Go to Microsoft Outlook and hit on Tools from the menu bar.
- From the opened list click on Account Setting.
- Now Account Setting window will appear. Simply click on E-Mail Tab and then your Email Account.
- You will be prompt by the Change E-mail Account pop-up window. Click on More Setting Tab.
- Now an Internet E-mail Setting pop-up window will appear. Click on Advanced Tab from the menu bar.
- Locate Outgoing Server (SMTP) and make server Port Number 587.
- At the end click on the OK button from the bottom.
After changing the SMTP port number, try to send emails if you are not getting outlook error 0x800ccc0e. It means you resolved this error successfully. If the Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e – YouTube remains the same then try method 2.
Clear all the Messages Stuck in Outbox
Another solution on How to Fix MS Outlook Error 0x800ccc0e on Windows 10 OS is by the cleaning of all the messages which are stuck in Outbox. For that follow these simple steps:
- Under the Send/Receive Tab chooses Work Offline Mode.
- Now, select the Outbox Folder & move the messages to the Draft folder or Delete the message stored in the Outbox folder.
After making the above-mentioned changes and restarting outlook, if still you are getting the same problem, then re-installing outlook might fix this error easily and completely. You must make a backup of the PST File before uninstalling outlook.
After uninstalling MS Outlook make a fresh install and create a new Outlook account and then import all the data from the server.
In the article, we have discussed how to fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0e, when you can’t connect to the server. You can try out the manual methods explained accordingly.
Also, you can simply use an Outlook PST Repair Tool if the problem persists even after carrying out all the manual methods. This tool is effective for all the versions of Outlook including Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, and other previous versions. So, follow these steps accordingly, if looking for How Do I Fix Error 0x800ccc0e In Outlook 365.