Table of Contents
- 1 Get rid of Windows 10 Error Code 0xc1900209
Get rid of Windows 10 Error Code 0xc1900209
Windows 10 Update Error 0xc1900209 arises when the windows fails to update. Sometimes when you trying to Update or upgrade Windows you may encounter error 0xC1900209. It happens because of an application that causes compatibility issues and blocks the update or upgrade process.
In this blog, we’ll look at the ways that can help you handle the offending application and proceed with upgrading your system without any interruptions.
Fix Windows 10 Error code 100xc1900209
There are a numerous factors behind this issue…
- Corrupted system files
- Damaged hard drive
- Presence of malicious programs
- Windows Registry Errors
- Driver’s problem
- Network configuration issues
Below you’ll find some technique that will help you fix Windows 10 Error Code 0xc1900209 Error.
Method 1: Manually Identifying and Uninstalling the Application
The windows 10 error code 0xc1900209 may occur because of some app that you may have installed on your Computer and it is not compatible with Windows 10, you will have to find which app it is.
After that uninstall the app one by one and each time after uninstalling an app we will try to upgrade windows 10. This process is time consuming but it might be convenient.
Method 2: Using the Windows Assessment and Development Kit (ADK)
Microsoft has provided this tool to help you detect and fix app compatibility problems. Assessment and Development Kit (ADK) needs the SQL Server database to store data.
Download and install the SQL Server 2016 Express
Download the SQL Server installer from the official website of Microsoft and Run the program
Installing the SQL Server installer will give you three options and It is recommended that you should choose the Basic option
Accept the License Agreement, press Install and wait till the installation finishes.
Steps to install the ADK tool
- Run the Installer and follow the instructions
- Window will ask you to select the features you want to install, choose Application Compatibility Tools and uncheck everything else.
- Application Compatibility Tools is the only feature of the ADK that you need to Fix Windows 10 Update error code 0xC1900209
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
So, you have installed the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit. Now, you can use it to fix the Windows 10 error Code c1900209 .
How to do that (Fix Windows 10 Error code 100xc1900209)
- Go to Start and type Compatibility Administrator in the search bar
- Start and run the application
- In the menu bar Choose fixed program from the list
- Click on the Find Now button and wait until the application has finished the search. The tool will now go through your programs and try to match them with a database of apps causing compatibility issues. After the completion of process will, you will see the list of applications in the bottom.
- Double-click on the first item on the list.
- It will take you to the main section of the program with a selected entry being selected.
- Right-click on the selected item and copy it.
- Now, scroll down the list on the right and, under Custom Databases, look for an entry called New Database.
- Right-click New Database and paste the copied entry.
- Repeat step 4-7 for each item on the list of application.
- If you are using a 64-bit Windows you will need to go through a few extra steps. As this version of Windows stores applications not only in the Program Files folder but also in the Program Files (x86) folder, you will have to search compatibility issues in that folder. In order to do that
- On the top right corner of the Compatibility Administrator tool, click Browse.
- Select the Program Files (x86) folder
- Go over the same steps as listed above from step 4 to step 9
I hope you have successfully fixed the Windows 10 Update error code c1900209 error and now you can use Windows Update and upgrade your computer software.
Thank you for your attention. I hope this guide was helpful and Easy. We recommend that you should have a trustworthy anti-malware software in your PC as the Windows 10 error c1900209 and other errors can result from malicious items hiding in your system. A good anti-Malware can keep your PC secure by detecting and removing harmful programs before they damage your computer.